Universal Studios Hollywood to Reopen on Friday, April 16,
Kicking Off with Special Annual and Season Pass Member Bonus Days
Beginning on Thursday, April 15
Initial Tickets will be Available to CA Residents and
Can be Purchased Online Beginning on Thursday, April 8
At long last, Universal Studios Hollywood rolls out the red carpet to resume operations and welcome guests back to the theme park beginning on Friday, April 16.
While most rides will be operational, some rides and attractions will reopen at a later date as the theme park complies with government restrictions. Universal Studios Hollywood continues to work in partnership with health and government officials to implement new health and safety procedures that include controlled capacity to enforce physical distancing and required face coverings. In accordance with government guidelines, only California residents may visit the theme park at this time
Tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood will be available to California residents only and can be purchased online beginning on Thursday, April 8. The theme park will also celebrate Annual and Season Pass Members—who will be among the first to visit—with a series of complimentary Bonus Days on select days from Thursday, April 15 through Sunday, May 16; these Bonus Days can be reserved by Annual and Season Pass Members online starting on Monday, April 5. Annual and Season Pass Members will be able to resume regular use of their passes starting on Monday, May 17.
Due to capacity limits, until further notice, guests with unredeemed tickets purchased prior to April 8, 2021 will need to make an advance reservation at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com for their visit dates.
Because the safety and well-being of guests and team members is a top priority for Universal Studios Hollywood, the following guidelines outline the theme park’s new health and safety protocols, also highlighted in this video and detailed on the Universal Studios Hollywood website.
- Temperature checks for all Guests upon arrival. If temperatures exceed 100.4° Fahrenheit / 38° Celsius or greater, Guests will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings required for all Guests throughout their visit. Face coverings also will be available for purchase.
- Controlled capacity within the theme park, and limited occupancy at all CityWalk venues to help enforce physical distancing. Some areas and programs may remain temporarily closed.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all food locations, restrooms, and all other high touch points.
- Physical distancing practices at all locations throughout the park and at rides and attractions.
- Eating and drinking permitted only in designated dining areas.
- Contactless payment options wherever possible.