Worldwide Music Phenomenon Daddy Yankee Leads the List of Nominees for the 32nd Edition with 12 Nominations followed by Reik and Sebastian Yatra with 10 Nominations Each
Karol G and Natti Natasha are the top female nominees with 6 nominations each
International Superstar Pitbull will Host PLN 2020 Joined by Popular Univision Personality Alejandra Espinoza
“Premio Lo Nuestro” is the First U.S. Latin Music Award Show of the Decade and Will Air Live from Miami’s AmericanAirlines Arena on February 20 at 7 p.m. ET/PT (6 p.m. CT) on Univision
Univision announced today the nominees for the 32nd edition of “Premio Lo Nuestro” (PLN). Celebrating the evolution and global popularity of Latin Music, PLN is adding nine all-new categories to its nominations list. The voting process begins today and will be open until January 27. Fans can vote for their favorite nominees in 35 diverse categories on PremioLoNuestro.com.
In a year that marks the beginning of a new decade in which Latin music’s popularity has gone global, “Premio Lo Nuestro” will have international Latin superstar Pitbull as its host. The popular “Mr. Worldwide,” who has won 7 “Premio Lo Nuestro” awards himself, will be joined by Univision’s popular TV host Alejandra Espinoza.
Leading the list of nominees for the decade’s first Latin music awards show in the U.S. is global music phenomenon Daddy Yankee, who received 12 nominations. He is followed by fan-favorites Reik and Sebastián Yatra, each with 10 nominations. Other superstars topping the nominations list are Bad Bunny and J Balvin with 9; Maluma and Ozuna with 8; Christian Nodal, Farruko, Karol G, and Natti Natasha with 6; and Anuel AA, Luis Fonsi, Nicky Jam, and Snow with 5.
“Premio Lo Nuestro” will air on Thursday, February 20, at 7 p.m. on Univision with “Noche de Estrellas,” a pre-show featuring musical performances, exclusive content and talent arrivals, hosted by Univision personalities Chiquinquirá Delgado, Raúl de Molina, Rafael Araneda, Borja Voces, and fashion & beauty expert Jomari Goyso, who will add color commentary on the night’s fashions.
“Premio Lo Nuestro” kicks off 2020 honoring the reach that Latin music has achieved around the world and how it has managed to create inclusivity, inspire future generations, connect with fans at a personal level, and transcend generations. In further celebration, PLN has added the following nine new categories:
- Album of the Year: The nomination recognizes the best album of the year in four genres (Pop/Rock, Urban, Tropical and Mexican Regional), all competing for the top award. In previous years, each genre’s best album was recognized separately.
- New Artist Male | New Artist Female: This new award was created to recognize today’s new rising artists by gender.
- Pop/Ballad – Artist of the Year: Created to honor the artists that have brought Latin ballads back to popularity.
- Urban/ Pop – Song of the Year | Urban/Trap – Song of the Year: The continuous growth and evolution of Urban Latin music has led to the creation of these two awards.
- Regional Mexican – Collaboration of the Year | Sierreña Song of the Year | Mariachi/Ranchera Song of the Year: These three awards have been created in order to recognize the evolution of Regional Mexican music. New collaborations are bringing together different artists from within the genre, the Sierreño sound has reached new markets, and Mariachi music continues to captivate the world with a new generation of artists.
To see the complete list of nominees for Premio Lo Nuestro click here.
This ceremony honors airplay on Uforia radio during the eligibility period (Jan. 1 through Oct. 31, 2019).